The sass file structure has been designed to keep your code in good order.
- Contains mixins to use throughout the rest of the scss files
- This folder should include styles for basic, reoccurring HTML elements.
- _page.scss for whole page layouts
- _media.scss for general media styling
- _footer.scss for the <footer> section
- _header.scss for the <header> section
- _typography.scss for base typography styles like <p> and <h2>
- This folder is for component specific theming
- _blocks.scss for block specific theming
- _front.scss (maybe remove this? front page styling?)
- _navigation.scss for menus
- _paragraphs.scss for paragraph bundles
- _views.scss for drupal views
- This folder should be where you declare your variables like...
- Grid/gutter values
- Font stacks
Other files of note
- ie.scss for internet explorer specific styling
- print.scss for print specific styling
- hacks.scss for quick fixes
- styles.scss combines all the scss files and imports libraries like compass.